The original and the best! Clementine is the OG of Made590 cardigans being the style we run year after year. In this version we have added length to make her a more long line, grandpa style cardigan. We even added POCKETS! If you’re looking for the perfect 100% merino winter cardigan that is a snuggly and fun, look no further.
This 100% mercerised merino wool cardigan is knitted locally by our very special knitter who we have worked with for over 10 years! Knitting locally is something we are passionate about and also allows us to pick and choose our own colours! The mercerisation of the merino cleverly means there will be minimal pilling and that the fibres will last longer and not get fuzzy after a few wears. We have also picked some of our favourite fabrics for the covered buttons, with each cardigan having a perfect match chosen for it. And of course, we get all the buttons made locally in Sydney too!
- 100% mercerised Merino wool
- Hand picked and dyed wool colours exclusive to made590
- Longer length hits at the low hip
- Two cute decorative pockets, one on each hip
- Versatile longer length great paired with jeans or tucked up with high waisted skirts and dresses, this version is approximately 10cm longer than our regular Clementine
- Ribbed waistband is designed to pull the bottom in slightly to hug you
- Textured knit which gives this cardigan a lovely warm look without too much bulk
- Liberty covered buttons which use offcuts from our garment production
- Turn under front bind (this is a new style of finish we are so happy with!) which is streamline at the front so the knit pattern goes to the edge and is reinforced at the back with merino knit binding
HOW TO WEAR:
- Perfect for layering, wear her with a pair of jeans or she is so snuggly to wear around the house on very chilly nights, no more answering the door in your dressing gown!
- She is a great longer length for layering and looks great worn with aline skirts, shorter styles and dresses which work well with soft layers
- Pair Clementine with your favourite work outfit for a cute and practical pop of colour
KNIT: Popcorn knit which has lovely soft texture and bubble-like finish.
BUTTONS: Liberty of London Ciara which we have used for our Vera splice dress in 2022 and our indigo tee on 2021.
COLOUR: The perfect cherry red, this is the one we've all been waiting for! A blue-base red (not orange family) which works so nicely with pinks, blues and purples. Denim is also a favourite combo with this one.
MODEL SIZES: Megan wears size 4X for photos, Min wears size S for photos.
Please note that when you first put on your cardie this is the smallest it will be as the fibres have not yet relaxed. Your knit will soften and give over time so don't be afraid to stick with a size if it feels snug initially. We recommend you get a size if it will button smoothly over your chest. Wool will give at least 1-1.5cm so if the buttons gape ever so slightly at the bust this will end up a perfect fit once the cardigan is allowed to give through wearing.
Please take care when putting on your cardie and don’t pull onto your arm at the end of the sleeves, as this will break the inner arm seams (where the cardigan is sewn together) and create open seams. Instead gently ease sleeves onto your arm and allow the cardigan time to relax.
FABRIC: 100% Mercerised Merino Wool*, buttons are metal with 100% cotton covering. Buttons on this cardigan are by Liberty of London.
*Mercerised Merino wool means it is a high spun merino fibre which all the fuzzy strands have been shaved off to create a completely smooth fibre with a glossy feel. This makes the knits have a completely soft feel and they are highly resistant to pilling.
CARE: We recommend treating your cardigans as carefully as possible, to allow you to wear them for years to come. We wash ours only when really needed, as wool is a very breathable and resilient fibre. To wash place your cardigan in a delicates bag, wash only with mild wool wash detergent, on a delicates cycle. Alternatively a soft hand wash using wool detergent will keep your cardigan looking even better for longer. Never wring, rub or bleach your cardigan.
COLD WATER WASH ONLY.
Reshape when wet and allow to dry laying flat in shade. Do not wash with anything that might rub or create pulls in the wool. If you do snag your cardigan on something, pull the thread gently to the inside of your cardigan and NEVER cut the threads, this will unravel the knit and create a hole. Wash at the end of the season (to avoid moth damage, they like to eat the dirty bits of wool!) and store your cardigan with cedar balls when not being worn, as moths find these 100% wool cardigans very tasty!
Designed and Made in Sydney, Australia. We use local makers we have worked one on one with for many years. All knitwear is locally knitted by one of the last knitters in Australia!
We undertake every effort to make sure our stock levels are correct prior to release. However, we are aware of an issue with our servers that sometimes causes items to oversell, to both our and your disappointment. Unfortunately, while we are consistently working on improving our systems, it is an issue that is persisting. Please understand that we find this issue equally as frustrating as you do, and we hate being the bearer of bad news!
If during a release you are affected by this issue, we will contact you as soon as possible via email, and refund you the amount paid for the affected item(s). Thank you for your understanding on this tricky matter, and please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.